From Everyday Love to Love of God
by Eknath Easwaran
Nurturing devotion for God every day
"By love God can be gotten
and holden — by thought, never."
THE CLOUD OF UNKNOWING
Our deepest need is to love completely, universally, without reservation — in other words, to become love itself. Where there is love, everything follows. To love is to know, is to act; all other paths to God are united in this path of love.
In form a verse-by-verse reading of a chapter on devotion from the Bhagavad Gita — the most popular spiritual document of India — Eknath Easwaran's words of practical wisdom guide us through the nitty-gritty challenges of everyday love, showing:
"It is through deepening and strengthening our capacity to love those around us that we travel the most direct route to love of God."
- How to deepen our love for all those around us
- How to seek the divine in all our relationships
- What it means to "love the Lord"
- Why it is so difficult to change entrenched habits — and how to make those changes
- Effective spiritual practices for learning to love